Tuesday, June 14, 2011

BSB Kiyonari seeking redemption at Knockhill


HM Plant Honda's Ryuichi Kiyonari dropped outside of the top six in the standings following the previous round at Thruxton and now the defending champion knows that he needs to regain the pace he showed at the opening two rounds to put himself back into contention as just 28 points cover third to ninth in the overall standings ahead of Knockhill this weekend (17-19 June).
Kiyonari celebrated podium finishes at the opening two rounds, but both the Croft and Thruxton rounds were disappointing for the triple champion as he struggled to move up the order scoring just seven points. Kiyonari now has vowed that it has to change this weekend and the team will be working hard to repeat their previous success at the Fife circuit where he has finished on the podium at least once in every race over the past five seasons.
Kiyo said: "The last two rounds have been disappointing for me and I haven't had the results that we need for the championship. At Knockhill I need to come back and be fighting with Shakey and the other riders so we can be back in the top six which is so important. I know I have said it before but I am not happy unless I am winning or on the podium, so we need to find a good setting in practice and qualifying so I can push again in the race." www.britishsuperbike.com

No comments: